Who can participate in the Comenius programme?
The programme is open to individuals and organisations alike, but applications must be submitted via one of the following institutions:
- pre-school / primary schools up to upper secondary level
- teachers and other education staff
- associations, public bodies and NGOs
- research centres
Projects that integrate people with special needs can apply for additional funding. Please contact the Comenius programme team: email@example.com, +41 32 346 18 18.
What are the project application deadlines for Comenius?
- Comenius Mobility (teaching assignments and training: participation in professional development courses, job-shadowing): 17 March 2014
- Comenius Partnerships (school and regional partnerships): 30 April 2014
What activities does Comenius Mobility support?
- Professional development: participation in courses, conferences, job-shadowing.
What activities do Comenius Partnerships support?
- School partnerships promote cooperation between organisations that are active in general and vocational education. School partnerships can be used to fund pupil and teacher mobility. Partnerships with third countries outside the EU can be integrated in to the project. Number of participants: at least three organisations from three different programme countries.
- Regio partnerships promote cooperation in school education between regions and cities in Europe. Number of participants: at least two local/regional school authorities from two different programme countries.
In which countries can mobility projects take place?
- 28 EU Member States
- Member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA): Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
- EU accession candidates: Turkey and Macedonia
How long do the activities supported by Comenius run for?
- Comenius Mobility: short-term mobilities between two days and six weeks, long-term mobilities up to one year
- Comenius Partnerships: two or three years
In addition to the decentralised actions shown here, which are offered by the ch Foundation, the programme also covers certain central actions. For these, an application must be submitted to the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) in Brussels. Further information and project applications